” Helping you feel great from inside out.”
We specialize in regenerative medicine and our mission is to help you FEEL and LOOK good, from the inside out. This happens first by being very aware of what you are putting into your body to “fuel” it. Making the right choices for your body and your body’s chemistry is essential to staying healthy and reducing your risk of developing disease. Your body has the amazing ability to heal itself, and we have implemented cutting edge techniques in order do this.
With extensive and comprehensive training, we are qualified experts in our field.
We offer a variety of services, tailored to your needs and provided by caring professionals.
We’d love to talk to you about how we can help you be your best.
- Airborne Allergy Testing Our team tests for the top airborne allergens in the region. This test includes molds, trees, weeds, grass, pollens and cat and dog dander. Please call our office today for a consultation.
- Food Allergy Testing Our team is excited to offer different panel options for food allergies. This can range anywhere from 20-60 foods and would include common allergens such as corn, milk, soy, fish and wheat/gluten. Please call our office today for a consultation. Food sensitivities are on the rise and are being referred to as type 2 allergies. These symptoms are more subtle than traditional, type 1, allergies and are therefore more difficult to identify. Our team can test for up to 184 foods with one simple test. Please call our office today for a consultation.
- EMC Evaluations PIP law requires that someone injured in a Florida car accident must be seen by a qualified medical practitioner within 14 days following the accident. Being treated medically within this time enables the injured person to receive PIP coverage of at least the minimum $2500 coverage and up tp $10,000. Florida PIP law does not specify when an emergency medical condition should be established; therefore, an EMC does not have to be declared within these 14 days. This is largely because medical evaluations such as imaging tests (MRI) and other diagnostic procedures and can take longer than 14 days. These tests are often the basis for concluding that the individual sustained an EMC.
- Immunotherapy and Sublingual Immunotherapy Allergen immunotherapy, also known as allergy shots, is a form of long-term treatment that decreases symptoms for many people with allergic rhinitis, allergic asthma, conjunctivitis (eye allergy) or stinging insect allergy. Allergy shots decrease sensitivity to allergens and often leads to lasting relief of allergy symptoms even after treatment is stopped. This makes it a cost-effective, beneficial treatment approach for many people.
- Chemical Allergy Testing What is Patch Testing? Patch testing is a way of identifying whether a substance that comes in contact with the skin is causing inflammation of the skin (contact dermatitis). There are two types of contact dermatitis: irritant contact dermatitis and allergic contact dermatitis. Patch testing can help to differentiate between the two. The test involves the application of various test substances to the skin under adhesive tape that are then left in place for 48 hours. The skin is then examined a further 48 hours later for any response. This can help the doctor decide which allergens you are allergic to and identify those that could be aggravating your dermatitis. The doctor will then be able to advise how you can avoid the allergens.
- Anti-Venom What is A Venom Allergy? Hymenoptera venom allergy is an immunoglobulin E (IgE)- mediated hypersensitivity to the venom of insects in the insect order Hymenoptera. This allergic reaction may be caused by stings from a number of species in this insect order, occurring only in persons who have previously been sensitized to Hymenoptera venom. How to Diagnosis Venom Allergy?Venom skin testing is the most sensitive form of venom testing and continues to be the benchmark used by most allergists. A large number of allergy cells or mast cells reside in the skin providing a very accessible area to diagnose venom allergies. An alternative to venom skin testing is the blood test (RAST) which has a lower sensitivity but it is very useful in patients who have had severe stinging insect reactions and may not be able to tolerate skin testing.
- PRP Treatment Facial/Scalp/Orthopaedic During the past several years, much has been written about a preparation called platelet-rich plasma (PRP) and its potential effectiveness in the treatment of injuries. Although blood is mainly a liquid (called plasma), it also contains small solid components (red cells, white cells, and platelets.) The platelets are best known for their importance in clotting blood. However, platelets also contain hundreds of proteins called growth factors which are very important in the healing of injuries. PRP is plasma with many more platelets than what is typically found in blood. The concentration of platelets. Many famous athletes — Tiger Woods, tennis star Rafael Nadal, and several others — have received PRP for various problems, such as sprained knees and chronic tendon injuries. These types of conditions have typically been treated with medications, physical therapy, or even surgery. Some athletes have credited PRP with their being able to return more quickly to competition.
Get in Touch
Florida Medical & Allergy Centers, LLC
926 NW 13th St. Gainesville, FL. 32601
PH: (352) 505-9355
FAX: (352) 327-3649
Send Us a Message
Copyright Florida Medical & Allergy Centers, LLC 2019 – All rights reserved